Thursday, April 1, 2010

BFF

Aren't BFFs awesome? My bestie (from the good ol' college days) was in town last weekend to pay me a visit. She called it the 'return to youth' weekend. But what's funny is, I'm a mama and she's a mama-to-be, so how much 'returning' could we really accomplish? There weren't any late-night bar scenes, or even a glass of red wine, for that matter. Perhaps 'return to youth' now means 'let's pick up where we left off.' A lot of things have changed about our respective lives since college, but our friendship remains constant. Even though she lives three hours away, the joy and laughter she brings to my life is the same as it was seven years ago when we first lived together.

This post is a little more personal than usual, but friends make us who we are. And Meg has influenced my life, and therefore, my photography. This is Meg (and the little boy she's incubating in her tummy), my little Cora and me.

No comments: